Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Work Drama

NAFP (Not A Fitness Post)


I apologize for my silence recently. I found out on Monday that they are "restructuring" our organization now that the implementation of electronic medical record is complete, and long story short - I'm being displaced. I'm the low girl on the totem pole and I'm part time, so I'm the one to go. I get reassurance that I'm a valuable employee, but there's a chance that in a few weeks I may not have a job. I'm welcome to apply for any internal positions that are open, but there is only one (out of three) that is a potential fit for me and it's not somewhere I'm eager to go. I'm going to train there a few days next week and the following week, but the hiccup is that I can't work past 5 and this department has evening hours. Boyfriend works second shift, and in order to get to daycare by the time it closes I need to be out of work at 5. My dad travels and my mom works 12 hour shifts and "already raised her kids" so I have nobody else that can pick him up. I said I would work the occasional Saturday and I'm happy to come in for the early shift (which starts at 7:00 a.m.) but so far I haven't gotten any feedback yet so I'm not sure what's going to happen to me. I should also mention that this is the second time I've been bumped from a clinic since I started working for this organization due to reasons beyond my control. I've been cycling through various emotions about everything... fear/sadness/anger/bitter/more fear. I'm trying to hope for the best but it's hard.

So that is taking precedence in my life at the moment. I need to remember that my fitness matters too, and I need to up the ante and start eating better as well. I went through all of my jeans today and ONLY ONE PAIR FITS. When I realized that I burst into tears. I have bigger jeans in a "rummage" tote somewhere but trying to find them would take ages. I'm just so disappointed in myself.

Enough of the pity party, I know! There is a bright side - the weather is finally warming up! Snow is melting! Our driveway is a total disaster of ice/slush/puddles but I'm still thrilled. I can't wait to take long walks with Brady and Jordy, and maybe even start running outside!

No comments: