Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

Bummers and Birthdays

This week has been a bit rough... I try to do the treadmill every other day (sometimes two days in a row if I feel up to it) but I skipped an extra day because I was up all night with stomach pains so it threw me off. The day after that I got on the treadmill but only for 20 minutes since that's all the time I had before work. Better than nothing but I was disappointed.

Today was better. TBH I wasn't in the mood to do it but I know how good I feel after - and sure enough, now I feel great and I'm so glad I did it. Maybe if I keep this up I will be able to fit in jeans again, instead of just scrubs and pajama pants!

I have been having some weird twinges in my knee so today I did a 1.5 incline instead of 2. I power walked at 4 and jogged at 5-5.2. I didn't push as hard as I have on other days but I think this was better as I'm able to jog for longer spurts! I haven't been keeping track of minutes, but I was able to jog through two entire songs so it had to be for at least 5 minutes straight! Awesome. Speed will come with time, first comes endurance. I so need to keep up with this because I see little improvements every time!

I got pretty upset towards the end of the workout... I try to keep the treadmill screen covered for the most part because I don't want to stare at the numbers the whole time. We have a clear plastic shelf that's made to go on the treadmill that can hold a book/iPad/etc. I usually keep something on it so I can't see the screen - but when I uncovered it the screen was blank! Somehow the display went wonky.


With all the treadmill issues we've already had the LAST thing I want is for the display to go to hell already! But after the workout I shut the treadmill off and turned it back on and it was working again. So I guess we'll see what happens next time. I had really wanted to see my distance though - with me being able to jog for longer spurts I wanted to see if it estimated me going farther than I have on other workouts. Bummer.


Now for some unrelated (but way better) news - today is my son's 8th birthday! Bittersweet for mom because this means no more booster seat, my baby is officially getting old haha. But these last 8 years have been amazing - I don't know where I'd be without him. We're going out for hibatchi tonight with some family (at his request) and I can't wait to see the look on his face when he gets his iPad mini! Yes, he's admittedly spoiled but grandma and grandpa pitched in on his gift too, and it's all he's been asking for for months. Plus, I would like to get all of the Skylanders and Ninjago games off my iPad (but maybe I'll keep Hill Climb.... haha).



Here's a pic of the two of us taken earlier this month at grandma's house. I'm the luckiest person in the world.

No comments: