Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Treadmill!

Treadmill #2 arrived yesterday, which was perfect because yesterday was Pete's 30th birthday! The box was damaged again but not as bad as the first time. We put it together after Pete got home from work last night and thankfully, none of the pieces were broken. I did a half hour of brisk walking (4.2 mph at a 2-3 incline) and broke a sweat and feel fantastic about it. That might be nothing to some people but after doing nothing but sitting on my lazy butt all winter I'm happy about it. Plus, it's only the beginning - and everyone has to start somewhere, right?



It's tax return time, so I used it as an excuse to splurge on myself a bit. It's more exciting than Christmas!


I finally went to a running store to find out what kind of running shoe would be best for me and the guy suggested I go with ones that have support. After much research and deliberation I chose the Brooks Ravenna 4 and so far I am really happy with my choice. Also - in case you were wondering the answer is yes, they ARE the most expensive shoes I own. Haha. I also included my new Polar FT7 heart rate monitor in the picture, which I still haven't used (but I've finally taken it out of the package and set it up). If you click the link you'll see it's selling for $109.99 on the Best Buy website but I got it on sale at Best Buy in Ashwaubenon for an amazing $55! I know I mentioned the deal in a previous entry but I'm sorry, that's worth repeating.

Here's a few more pictures of the treadmill fun we had last night:

 A view of inside the box... notice the other box that's in the hallway standing on it's side... that's treadmill #1. We keep playing phone tag with the people that are supposed to come pick it back up, but hopefully it will be out of the house this week.


 Here's a few shots of the boys putting together the treadmill. Brady did a great job helping his dad and was very excited about the whole thing. Please ignore the lack of trim around the door... the house is a work in progress.
 Here's a hideous shot that Brady took of me on the treadmill this morning. The dangling things you may notice in the picture are decorations I put up yesterday for Pete's big 3-0.


I'm a sucker for shows on ABC Family - judge me all you want. Being able to break a sweat and still watch my shows at the same time is pretty much the coolest thing ever (although I'm looking forward to nicer weather so I can walk/jog outside again,too).

So there you have it. Tonight is Pete's party and yesterday I went shopping to try to find a cute top to wear. Let me tell you, I noticed every ounce of those extra 25 pounds I'm sporting in the dressing room mirrors, and did not have much luck finding anything flattering. I'm tired of feeling insecure and flabby and it's time for that to change!

On a positive note, I am doing really well on cutting out the soda. I've gone from 2+ sodas a day down to 1-2 sodas a week. I've been doing really great on my water intake as well, refilling my 20 oz. bottle anywhere on average from 4-7 times a day. Not going to lie though - still overeating like crazy. Portion control needs to be my next focus, as well as using the treadmill.

Current weight - around 170. Goal Weight #1 - 155. Goal Weight #2 - 145. Ultimate Goal Weight - 140?! Maybe. My pre-pregnancy weight was 145 so if I can get back there I'd be thrilled. According to those weight range/BMI calculators, the "normal" weight range for a 30 year old woman that's 5'10" is anywhere from 132-174 pounds. I graduated high school around 133 and was basically a toothpick with hair so I don't want to get that thin. I just want to feel healthy and fit in my size 27 jeans again.

My new mantra? It's gross but it works - SWEAT EVERY DAY. Game on!

No comments: