Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

W1D3

Well I'm proud to say that Week 1, Day 3 is in the books - but I'm feeling a bit discouraged after this "run". So much so that I'm going to extend Week 1 for one more day (since technically I didn't finish W1D1 anyway).

For as much as I love the fact that I'm trying to get into shape... when that alarm clock went off this morning I did NOT want to get out of bed. But I keep talking about this to my mom, my boyfriend - hell, I'm blogging about it - so I have all kinds of people that can hold me accountable. So I dragged my ass outta bed, put on my cute workout clothes and grabbed the nano.

My calves started feeling sore/rubbery with the first jog - that's never been an issue for me before, but I pushed through it. The sun is out in full force this morning so I started sweating right away too... super attractive. But I kept going. Mia, a.k.a. Chubby Jones, has a few different versions of her C25K podcasts and I listened to a different one today.

I swear that broad is out to get me. I took the same route that I did the other day, I got all excited for the spot where she said it was my last run when I went on day 2... but on this podcast I had one more run after that. Seriously, I'm not making this up. At least, I don't think I am. I finished my last run (slow jog) successfully but all I wanted to do was collapse after that.

I'm still not finding a groove. My breathing has improved so I'm not as out of breath as I was when I started, but I'm not finding a natural rhythm with the breathing/running. I know I will have it so much easier when I do. I also think that for as cute as my running shoes are, they aren't that great (sorry, my adorable K Swiss beauties).

So I will do one more day of week 1, and then push myself to at least attempt W2D1. We'll see how it goes... hope I stick with it, and I hope you guys stick with me.

(I wish I had as much fun running as I do online shopping for treadmills and workout clothes)

No comments: