Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

W2D2

I think my issue today was mental.

For those of you that know me in real life, I'm sure you're thinking "when ISN'T your issue mental?" hahaha... but seriously.

I did not want to get out of bed this morning. I was resentful and mad at the C25K and was NOT going to do it. But finally I got up, later than usual. The sun was out hardcore which didn't help matters either. There was a lot of traffic out - and I hate to be watched. I know that shouldn't matter but it does. Despite my warming up my legs felt stiff the whole time and I just felt like I was running wrong. I kept having to consciously slow my jogging pace because I wanted to go faster and it was really affecting my breathing.

I was just full of fail, yo. I packed it in early. Yep.

So as I repeated a day of Week 1, I will now be repeating a day of Week 2. I feel a bit discouraged but there is no way I'm giving up. This almost 30 year old couch potato is going to become a runner, even if it takes me twice as long to get through the program!

Yesterday I heard about another 5K in October that I would LOVE to be in good enough shape to do. The Warrior Princess Mud Run has 10 obstacles throughout the 5K course.... does that sound like fun or what?! You even get a princess crown at the finish line, hell yeah. Must keep working at this so I can justify signing up!

No comments: