Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

W1D4

Alarm went off at 5:30 this morning, I was out the door by 5:45.

This morning's weather reminded me of when I moved to Baton Rouge for three months with Pete when he was working there. HUMID. This girl does NOT like humidity. The entire time I felt like I couldn't breathe deeply enough. I can't imagine what it would have been like if I had waited a few more hours to go.

On a positive note, I feel like I'm ready to move on to Week 2. I'm nervous about it, don't get me wrong - but I do feel like my body is capable of it. I just pray that when I give it a go that it isn't as humid.... because if it is I'm not sure if I'll make it (I really need access to a treadmill). I live in Wisconsin - don't get me wrong, I like a warm day but come on!

When I got back from my five-minute cool down I did some of the stretches my friend/co-worker Catherine suggested to me the other day. I like her stretches better than what I had been doing, and they feel like they are beneficial. She's been running for two years so I'll trust her judgement.

Happy Independence Day everyone! After I hit the showers and Brady wakes up, we will be heading off to the parade.... my little guy will be marching with the Cub Scouts! I'll be wearing a big floppy hat and avoiding the sun as much as possible.


No comments: