Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Full of Fail

I couldn't be more disappointed in myself. I have totally fallen off the fitness wagon. It all started when I was out of town for three days at Rock USA. I kept coming up with excuses not to run after that, and before you know it two weeks had gone by.

Yesterday was the Packer 5K and I couldn't participate. When I woke up I didn't feel well and without getting too graphic about it, spent most of the morning in the bathroom. I attributed this to nerves even though I was only planning on walking the majority of it because I knew I wasn't ready to run the whole thing. Well, all of the bathroom activity of the morning left me weak and dehydrated, and I made it all the way to lining up to go and I told my friends that it wasn't happening for me. I was either going to pass out, puke, or both. I called my mom and cried about it, which is totally normal behavior for someone turning 30 in a few weeks. Right now I'm giving you a look just DARING you to contradict that statement.

Lesson learned. My stomach still doesn't feel up to par today so I'm thinking I caught a little bug or something? But I have the color run coming up in a month and I will be damned if its a repeat of yesterday. I now have an awesome 5K shirt and pictures of me sporting my racing bib and I never actually did the race. I'm the biggest lamer in the world. I never want that to happen again.

But the summer semester ends in a few days, and I have a two week reprieve before the fall semester. It's a perfect opportunity to get my butt back in gear. Start eating better again, re-quit the soda, and start doing the C25K again. I also have two Jillian Michaels DVDs and was thinking of trying the 30 Day Shred. I'm standing up in a wedding September 8th and would really like it if my bridesmaid dress wasn't quite so tight.

I'll close this with two pictures from before the race yesterday. I look all fitnessy and whatnot, don't I? Too bad I collapsed in the grass about a half hour after these were taken. *sigh*

 I'm the tall girl on the left in this one, with my friends/co-workers Catherine and Liana.

Yes, I'm very white. But I'm comfortable in my (pasty) skin!


No comments: