Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Job Offer


So I had an interview this morning at a dermatology clinic for a receptionist position. Here I am in the car before my interview. I was so worried about forgetting paperwork or something that I forgot to put deodorant on this morning. Who does that? Luckily I made it through the interview without getting too sweaty and I still smelled fine. I remembered perfume, at least. Don't worry, I went and bought deodorant afterwards. Hey - at least I remembered all the paperwork I wanted to bring. Application, resume, references, letter of recommendation...

I thought the interview went pretty well - I know I'm qualified for the position, I'm just shy in situations like that and tend to get all socially awkward. Got to do some job shadowing and I was more comfortable doing that, I asked a lot of questions and felt like I would catch on quick.

Met up with my friend Nate afterwards and he bought me lunch at the Thai place. MMMM. Chicken and broccoli with sticky rice. YUM. We've been friends for 16 years now and he's the best. Afterwards I drove home (a 30 minute drive) wearing all black and gray in 80+ degree weather with no air conditioning. That's why I bought deodorant BEFORE I went home, yep yep.



This is me after a 3.1 mile run/walk with Brady. It was very muggy out and Brady was over the running about halfway through. Managed to keep a decent pace, considering all the walking we did I kept around an 11:36 mile pace. I'm estimating that because right before I got in my driveway, the phone rang - and it was the place I interviewed at, offering me a job! I just have to do the drug screen thing (no worries there, haha) and I'm all set. They were fine with the fact that I'm going on vacation next week and it looks like my start date will be the 12th. It's a part-time position, three days/week which I actually prefer. Pete often works six days a week and he's second shift so I like to be around for Brady as much as I can be. No evenings/weekends/holidays. It seems like a really nice place to work so I'm pleased with that. Positive thoughts only - this is going to be great!

This Saturday Brady, my mom and I are doing the Wolverine 5K Run/Walk. My mom will be walking but I'm hoping Brady will run/walk with me like he did today. We'll see how it goes!

No comments: