Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Registered for yet another 5K!

Today I registered Brady and myself for the Packers 5K in July. This was my first 5K experience last year and it was also my first DNF... technically I didn't even start! I had stomach issues that entire day and I think I ended up really dehydrated - we were lined up to start and I felt like I was going to pass out so I went and sat on the ground before I did. I ended up not running, it sucked. I cried. I blogged about it, if you want to check the archives.

But this year I'm going to do it with Brady and it's going to be awesome. I signed us up for Wave 4 - 11:00 minute plus mile runners. I didn't want to sign up as a walker because I do want to run as much of it as I can. I think Brady will get such a kick out of running around Lambeau Field! I have two months to get better at this whole running thing, and to get Brady enthused about it as well. Here's hoping!

I worked up a good sweat on the treadmill yesterday - mostly fast walking with a bit of running but I did it for just over an hour and went over 5 miles. I was doing it while watching my tv shows so I could hit my 10,000 steps for the day... say what you want but a Fitbit is motivating! It rained all day yesterday so by 5:30 I had only walked about 2,500 steps and that was unacceptable. Ended the day with over 11,000 - much better.


Here's a picture of me at the Cellcom 5K (my chip time was 36:37) - sorry about the proof, all credit goes to MarathonFoto haha. This girl can't afford to buy the picture, seeing as I'm currently jobless and any spare money goes to registering for more 5Ks. The other two pictures of me were gross, but on the plus side they were very motivational in making me want to eat better because I looked huge and sweaty. This picture is sweet though - check it out, I'm running on air! Haha!

No comments: