Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Ticks *shudder*

Finally talked Pete into a (very brief) walk yesterday and he decided it would be a good idea to walk in the woods on the trail he is "making" for me. It wasn't quite a mile long so he wants to keep expanding it but I really don't think he needs to bother... I'm not walking it again.

Don't get me wrong, I love the nature aspect - we saw a tree where a bird made it's nest in a hole, another tree that had buck rubbings on it - but when we got back to the house Pete noticed a tick crawling on him. Then he found four more. I proceeded to irrationally tweak out a bit and made him check me all over - he found three. Later that evening I thought I felt another one on me but figured it was all in my head... nope, I had one crawling across my belly. That was when I jumped up and squealed and ran to Pete and kept my eyes squeezed shut until he got rid of it.

I realize I'm immature when it comes to ticks but I practically have a phobia. Is there a scientific term for a tick phobia? I should look that up. It all started when I was about 8 years old and I slept in my friend's tree house... I woke up covered in ticks and her mom had to get them all off (they were stuck) while I stood there and cried. When my grandpa was still alive and I lived in a duplex (I had to be around...24-25) I had a tick stuck on me and I literally drove to his house so he could get it off me. I'm not making this up. I have no idea how I've survived 30 years in Wisconsin. I need tick repellent.

I thought about adding a picture of a tick to this post as it seems like people prefer blogs with lots of visuals.... but I'm sorry, I can't do it. Gross. Oh, I should also mention that one fell off of our dog Jordy, all swollen and full of blood. So Pete got out the Front Line because if I'm not picking ticks off myself, I'm definitely not picking ticks off the dog. Eww.


The treadmill was rough today so I'm definitely taking a break from it tomorrow - but I'm going to take a nice walk outside if the weather permits. Still went around 2.5 miles total, but had more walking than running today. My right ankle was sore though so I don't want to push it and injure myself. I feel SO good about my progress this time, I don't want anything to get in the way of that!

Overate at dinner yesterday and it made me feel gross - my body is ALREADY adjusting to getting a proper amount of calories so that's awesome. I didn't go over my calories if you count my exercise calories... I'm trying to stay around 1230 calories and yesterday I hit 1,475 - all because of dinner. That's okay though, it's still less than I had been consuming and I'll just learn from it and do better today!

Has anyone heard of True Lemon? I just picked it up at Woodman's to help me stay away from soda... it has 100% natural ingredients which is what appealed to me because I want to get away from aspartame. It does have a small amount of sugar, but 1g is fine and at least it's natural. This stuff is my new addiction, next time I go to Green Bay I'm going to buy the stuff in bulk, lol! I can't wait to try the other flavors, too. It's helping me with my water intake, I've been drinking about five 20 oz. water bottles worth each day and I put this in one or two of them.


I'm off to read a bit and wait for Pete to wake up so I can start running the vacuum cleaner... Brady has his first baseball practice tonight, can't wait!


No comments: