Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Bike Ride and a 5K Addiction???

Brady got a new bike this week - his friend Aiden has a mountain bike and Brady decided he wanted one too. He even saved his birthday money and paid for half of it! So he is the proud owner of this sweet ride:

He was really excited to go for a decent bike ride instead of just riding around the yard and driveway... so today I talked Pete into going with us. Brady and I got a head start and it didn't take long to find out why - Pete grabbed Jordy (our dog) so he could come with us too! We have a little creek about a mile and a half away from our house so he could stop for a drink, but by the end of our ride he was pretty worn out. I wanted to keep a good pace so I ended up leaving the boys in the dust on the way back... oops. We did just over 5 miles in all, not a very long ride but it had some hills! Pete said he felt the burn in his legs which made me happy.

I was afraid the bike would be a bit big for Brady yet but he is loving it and cruising around like a crazy boy. I got a gel cover for my seat so my flabby rear was a lot more comfortable on this ride than it was on our last! I definitely see more biking in our future. I love our dog but next time I think we'll leave him home so we can take a longer ride.

I've registered for another 5K. The 2nd Annual Jim Hodge Memorial Run.... they are having a 5K and a 10K. When Catherine first mentioned it I had declined because Pete's family reunion is that day. But I decided if I do the 5K and come home right after we will have plenty of time to get to the reunion. Why did I sign up? Because Catherine will be doing it with me and she is a great motivator. Brady will be with me on a few of the runs I've registered for this year and he gets tuckered out easily so I won't be able to go as fast as I'd like to (like I'm so fast, haha). I'm trying to get the boy to train a bit with me but the few times we've gone out he's gotten bored right away so I don't know how that will work out. I wanted another run where I could try to push myself to do better, so that's where the Jim Hodge Run comes in. It's a small local race so it won't have the excitement of the Packers 5K or the Cellcom, but I know it will still be a fun time. Let's just hope I'm not last!

No comments: