Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

More Races = More Motivation

So you'll never guess what I just did.

Okay, maybe you will. I signed up for yet another 5K! I am learning that I need upcoming runs to keep me motivated, so I started looking for more local runs this summer. The Ella Smetana Memorial Run is only 30 minutes away from me and is on July 13th. Only $12 to register (it's a "fun" run, no chips) and proceeds go to cancer research. My mom is a two time breast cancer survivor so cancer research is something close to my heart. My running buddy Catherine agreed to join me so that will further motivate me as well!


Sadly, this young girl lost her battle with cancer - but her memory lives on and I know that I would love to participate in an event to honor her! All profits will be going to the American Cancer Society.

No comments: