Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Feeling Good

Yesterday I started logging my food again. I have been terrible at this - I will log breakfast, but by lunch I say "oh forget it" or start eating so much I'm afraid to log... but yesterday I logged everything I put in my mouth and did really well. I'm hoping if I continue to do so I can break my habit of overeating and get my rapid weight gain moving in the OTHER direction.

I have been doing pretty well at doing some form of exercise every day. Taking a walk, a bike ride (which hurt my backside like you would NOT believe), 30 Day Shred with Brady - but today was the first day in a while that I got back on the treadmill. Here are the results:



How's that for a decent burn? I feel really good about it. For some people it would be nothing, but for me it was a lot. I kept hearing people say that if you're struggling with running go slower, so I went with that. I walked at 4 and "ran" at 5, with an incline of 2.0. I really need to work on getting my breathing under control (any tips with that are appreciated). My first running portion lasted 5 minutes, and every one after that was at least 2-3 minutes. I tried not to walk for longer than 90 seconds at a time. Baby steps, right? I feel good about it though and that's what matters the most.

If it isn't raining I plan on getting a walk in with Brady today too, if he's up for it. I can't tell you how much I love having more time to spend with him... it's awesome.

Jess from Run With Jess posted a picture on Facebook today and I really liked it so I'm going to end today's entry with it. We're all Wonder Women!



No comments: